« How to Download Music to a Treo 650 | Main | Does Cyber Monday Exist? »

A Hand Cranked Laptop for Students in Poor Countries

Hand cranked access to the world's information:

Nicholas Negroponte, MIT's Media Lab Chairman, has accounced plans to build a hand-cranked wireless laptop for approximately $100.

Hand Cranked Laptop

In principle, the project seems simple: Design a laptop with built-in wireless and minimal power consumption, find manufacturers willing to build it for about $100, convince governments to buy it in quantities of at least 1 million as an initial order, and give it to schoolchildren to keep as their own property. (The goal is tens of millions produced and distributed within two years.)

Comments

1. Posted by: MOHSIN AHSAN on March 26, 2006 2:21 PM:

SIR,
MOST RESPECT FULLY I BEG TO SAY THAT I AM A POOR STUDENT I WANT TO GET A COMPUTER BUT I CANT DO THIS BECAUSE I CANT BUY COMPUTER IF YOU HELP ME PLZ TELL ME ON THIS ADRESS
::::Mohsin ahsan madina colony bhagtanwala sargodha pakistan 40280::::

2. Posted by: SOHAIL on February 23, 2007 4:16 AM:

SIR,
I AM VERY POOR STUDENT. I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER BECAOUSE I WANT TO LEARN COMPUTER STUDIES BUT MY EDUCATIONAL EXPENSE IS TOO MUCH. I CANT THINK ABOUT PURCHASE A COMPUTER . SO PLEASE HELP ME FOR CONT.... MY COMPUTER STUDY SEND A LAPTOP MAY BE POSIBLE OTHERWISE THIS MY ONLY DREAMS.I CANT THINK ABOUT THAT .
MY ADDRESS IS BELOW:
HOUSE NO 11 STREET # 95 SAEEDABAD BALDIA TWON KARACHI
CITY: KARACHI
COUNTRY: PAKISTAN
PROVINCE: SINDH
POSTAL CODE :75760
POSTAL ADDRESS:HOUSE # 11 STREET # 95 SECTOR 5G SAEEDABAD BALDIA TOWN KARACHI,PAKISTAN

3. Posted by: Muhammad Salman on February 27, 2007 3:54 AM:

I badly need a laptop in order to perform Autocad and other programmings.I cannot afford this but I shall be very thankful to you if you send me a laptop.

4. Posted by: Aquaib ALam Jamali on February 7, 2008 11:06 AM:

PLEASE,
I AM VERY POOR STUDENT. I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER BECAOUSE I WANT TO LEARN COMPUTER STUDIES BUT MY EDUCATIONAL EXPENSE IS TOO MUCH. I CANT THINK ABOUT PURCHASE A COMPUTER . SO PLEASE HELP ME FOR CONT…. MY COMPUTER STUDY SEND A LAPTOP MAY BE POSIBLE OTHERWISE THIS MY ONLY DREAMS.I CANT THINK ABOUT THAT .
MY ADDRESS :
Ward No. 05, Post Office Talhar, District Badin, Sindh, Pakistan. (Talhar)

5. Posted by: Kamran Khatti on January 7, 2010 2:48 PM:

hi i am doing bachlors in computer science but i havent pc so u can understand what problem i have been facing during my study kindly solve not my only but my whole family problem by sending me a laptop,
Kamran Khatti
C/o Danish Electronics Quid-e-Azam road near OCS office Badin Sindh Pakistan postal code 72200

6. Posted by: pardeep kumar on January 12, 2010 1:17 PM:

PLEASE,

7. Posted by: MUDASSAR ABBAS on February 10, 2010 12:31 PM:

SIR I AM A STUDENT OF BSCS AND DUE TO POORNESS I CAN NOT EFFORD A LAPTOP WHICH IS ESSIENTIAL FOR ME PLZ SEND ME A LAPTOP.THANKS.
MUDASSAR ABBAS S/O FAZZAL HUSSAIN .MOHALLAH BHATTY COLONY MIANI,DISST:SARGODHA ,TEHH :BHALWAL

8. Posted by: imran rafique on February 15, 2010 6:58 AM:

I AM VERY POOR AND ORPHAN. I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER I CANT THINK ABOUT PURCHASE A COMPUTER . SO PLEASE HELP ME FOR CONTINUE?. MY degree SEND A LAPTOP MAY BE POSIBLE OTHERWISE THIS MY ONLY DREAMS.I CANT THINK ABOUT THAT , I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU FOR THIS ACT OF KINDNESS.

MY ADDRESS
NAME IMRAN RAFIQUE
ADDRESS G.C UNIVERISTY FAISALABAD
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (MIAN YOUSIF BLOCK)
PAKISTAN