« Search Thursday Podcast - 04/12/2007 |
| Craigslist Users Nix Professionally Produced Real Estate Listings »
Technology Evangelist Podcast to Replace Imus on CBS
UPDATE: the official press release is now available.
This is supposed to be under embargo until Midnight EST, but heck, it involves us, so you're hearing it here first.
Things are moving very fast at Technology Evangelist, and an amazing opportunity has been presented to us that we simply couldn't pass up. We're extraordinarily busy, so here is just a quick note for now with the news:
Starting Monday, the Technology Evangelist Podcast will replace Don Imus on CBS radio until a permanent replacement can be found.
Shows will be broadcast live from Minneapolis, and simulcast on affiliates now carrying Imus' show. The MSNBC video simulcast remains dead for now.
We have a lot to do before Monday to get ready for the first show.
Wow, it feels like we're running 11 days behind.
2. Posted by: Anthony Nemitz on April 12, 2007 9:55 PM:
TrackBack URL for this entry:
This is amazing news -- can I be your first groupie?
3. Posted by: Robert Scoble on April 12, 2007 9:57 PM:
Congrats! That rocks.
4. Posted by: laura allen on April 12, 2007 10:23 PM:
This is great news! Out with a cranky, old, crack pot and in with a new interesting tech podcast! Sweet!!
5. Posted by: Justin Chen on April 13, 2007 2:07 AM:
Wow, congrats! That's huge! I look forward to hearing you guys on the airwaves.
6. Posted by: John Li on April 13, 2007 2:08 AM:
Awesome! Looking forward to you guys bringing more positivity and humor to the airwaves that that other dude you're replacing.
7. Posted by: Marshall Kirkpatrick on April 13, 2007 2:41 AM:
Congratulations! You all do fantastic work!
8. Posted by: Chris Heuer on April 13, 2007 3:06 AM:
Congrats on the great news! This is a huge leap forward for podcasters everywhere...
9. Posted by: Dawn Scire on April 13, 2007 3:30 AM:
What IS this, some kinda bad JOKE or spoof?
The NY Post reported:
"Starting Monday, WFAN's "Mike and the Mad Dog"-Mike Francesa and Chris Russo-will do double duty by filling in for Imus and continuing their "afternoon drive" sports radio program.
The situation is temporary while CBS figures out its next step."
Don't see anything about this show....
10. Posted by: Trollfighter on April 13, 2007 6:43 AM:
Does "Techonology Evangelist" imply some future morality in the technology wolrd?
11. Posted by: Augie De Blieck Jr. on April 13, 2007 7:39 AM:
"Wow, it feels like we're running 11 days behind."
That would have been April Fool's Day, folks. There's your joke.
12. Posted by: raj on April 13, 2007 8:31 AM:
Congratulations. You guys deserve it, and you're far, far more interesting than that idiot Imus.
13. Posted by: B on April 13, 2007 2:10 PM:
Imus.... What Price should he pay?
Rev Al, perhaps you should cast the 1st stone, just as YOU did regarding your comments of the Yale Soccer Team.
Rev Jessy, you the second stone... as your marriage vows meant nothing, with your romp in the hay.
CBS.....How many must die for YOU to support "THE CONSTITUTION". You decision was based solely on economics ! Nothing more Nothing Less !
I have listened to Imus once...didn't care for him then, and don't care for him now. However as a Vietnam Veteran, I supported his rights then, and I support his rights NOW!
CBS ....You R Wrong !!!
14. Posted by: Jim on April 15, 2007 4:43 PM:
Wow! Won't all those Imus fans be surprised!
15. Posted by: Terry on April 30, 2007 8:32 AM: